Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pregnancy Survey- 29 Weeks


How Far Along: 29 Weeks- We're in the 3rd trimester! I know I missed last week, but we'll just do a combo.

Size of babyYour baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Total Weight Gain: 15lbs

What I miss: Nada

Sleep: Sleeping pretty good with the occasional bathroom breaks

Symptoms: My lower back pain has actually gotten much better as the pregnancy is progressing even without the yoga as I've been traveling and haven't done it in a few weeks. Unfortunately, I am also sick right now. Not sure if I caught it before I left or at home with all the sick people around. It's a throat, stuffy, head cold type of thing. It's not so fun, but I called the DR and they said I could take tylenol cold (even the nighttime one) so I finally was able to sleep last night. Hopefully it'll be gone soon.

Cravings: My appetite isn't up to par with the sickness, but I am loving the chicken soup Davids parents brought me yesterday! Thank you Frank and Cora!!

Gender- Max David is his name :)

Movement: I have started to feel him higher up. Even as high as my rib cage on the right hand side. He's trying to push up in there with some part of his body. I can feel him lower and upper at the same time sometimes. It's very cool. 

Maternity Clothes: I bought some things at Old Navy on Thanksgiving. Thanks to my Mom and Sister for helping me pick stuff out! I got some jeans that pull over my belly and some shirts.  

Best Moments this week: Spending time in NY with my family and David celebrating Thanksgiving and baby Max. 

What I'm looking forward to:  I have a doctors appointment tomorrow where we're going to have an ultrasound of baby. This one is because they couldn't see his lips at the 20 week appt. so they rescheduled another one for tomorrow. I am very excited since he will be much bigger since the last one. We are also hopefully putting up our christmas decorations this weekend! 

Milestones: We are also having our first childbirth education class this weekend put on by our doctors office. We have a few more we'll be doing in December/January. Our crib parts are in at BRU and we're suppose to pick them up asap so we can assemble it finally. We are trying to also plan out the decor of the nursery (all we have figured out right now is the furniture). Lots to do coming up in December and January! Here are some photos from last week, I am not feeling well enough to photograph myself this week. 
28 Week shot from the party
Thanksgiving photo

Pin It

1 comment:

Chris said...

:( Hope u feel better soon!

 
Blogging tips