Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pregnancy Survey- 35 Weeks

How Far Along: 35 weeks 

Size of baby: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
Total Weight Gain: 23 lbs


Sleep: Still up to pee a few times a night, but sleeping pretty good with my pillows 

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good still.  My back starts hurting when I sit down or on the couch at night for long periods of time. I am still doing my yoga to help and trying more comfortable positions.

Cravings: nothing crazy. I have heard that there shouldn't be a lot of room and that you might not be as hungry, but that's not the case with me. I am still loving food and now am getting interested in desserts after dinner. I am trying to behave until after the photo shoot next weekend before going nuts on desserts.

Gender- Max David 

Movement: We find out tomorrow what his position is with another ultrasound (we are so spoiled getting to see Max so much during this pregnancy). I will be really surprised if he is head down. I am not feeling the pelvic pressure that much that they say you get towards the end because he is head down. I still feel lots of movement in my upper right side, by my rib so we'll see. Let's hope Max cooperates and does what he is suppose to do soon! I have already looked up yoga/excercies positions and little tricks people say to do to make him get in position, but don't want to try any until I am sure where he is.

Maternity Clothes: I bought a few things from Motherhood maternity for the photo shoot coming up, they were having great sales last weekend. FYI- I went to Macys to look at their maternity stuff, because they had pea in a pod and motherhood maternity stuff and some of the same stuff I bought way on sale was still full price there so I wouldn't recommend shopping at Macys for that. 

Best Moments this week: Taking our breastfeeding class, we have 1 more class (on infant cpr) to take and then we're done. The breastfeeding class was very informative and we really liked our instructor as she is one of the lactation consultants at Northside. We also watched some of our Happiest Baby on the Block DVD  by Dr. Harvey Karp that we got in our Baby Essentials Class. He is the baby whisperer for real, I am not totally sold on his techniques, but man do they seem to work. It is amazing to watch (Ashley, I have to let you borrow this DVD).


What I'm looking forward to: Ultra sound and DR appointment tomorrow

Milestones: So, the ottoman is apparently delivered to the store, but the glider is not. We will pick up the ottoman and hope the glider follows shortly after. I wish it was the other way around, but what can ya do. Update: Just got an email saying the glider was also here! Horray!! I am pumped, pictures coming soon, let's just pray that I love it (which I know I will- do you like my positivity). We are debating some Where the Wild Things Are vinyl decals for the room, we have someone on etsy drawing a few things up for us, so I'll keep ya posted.
To Do List: I have an ongoing list that I wanted to just jot down here. Thank you notes, finish hospital bag, nurse goody bags, freezer meals for after baby, finalizing and getting props for maternity shoot (check out these cute booties I ordered to use in the pics), pick out a DSLR camera.
I forgot to show you guys these pics, but Michelle and Marla sorted through all of Max's clothes and shower goodies getting them ready for the wash.
I know it doesn't look like we have a ton of clothes in the closet shots, but look at all those clothes! They are all in the dresser. Thanks to Marla, Shell and Mom for washing, folding, sorting and putting everything away.
35 week belly shot
Pin It

No comments:

 
Blogging tips