If you follow me on instagram you've probably seen some of these, but I realized I didn't post much in October so you get to hear about the latest happenings all at once!
1. Max is LOVING school. He goes M, W, F and doesn't cry at all. He talks about his teachers a lot and class mates. He says his best friend's name is Landon. The teachers are so great about sending pictures and updates.
2. David took his exam a few weeks ago and has a long wait to find results. We are just glad for this break to have him back with us instead of stuck in the books.
3. As you know Michelle and her gang came to stay for a few weeks. Miss. Bella is also here and she doesn't get in many photos so I took a selfie with her. She has a bitchy resting face and can't help it, but that's ok we love her anyway.
4. Cousin fun before the sicknesses took over.
5. Out of no where Max came down with croup on a saturday morning. I noticed when he got up that he had this deep cough although he didn't really cough. It was just deep in there and I knew he might be getting croup. We ran to home depot with the kids and I looked at him in the store (must have been the neon lights they have in there) and I knew we had to get him home and that he didn't look good. He had a fever so we laid low that day. We put him to bed like usual and then an hour later he was screaming and crying. He was having a hard time catching his breath and it was the worst wheezing sound you've ever heard. If your children have had croup you know what I'm talking about. I had read up on it and also saw if they are drooling that they may be having issues with their air passage ways so we headed to CHOA ER. This was after 9 so the urgent care CHOA they have closer to us was closed.
We had to give him a breathing treatment and a steroid. We stayed there until 1 or 2 am. He did not love that mask on his face although it appears he doesn't care (after I snapped pic he freaked). We kept him out of school the next week and we hoped no one else would get it. Flash forward almost 10 days later Hadley came down with it... They went to the urgent care place so not as tramatic as an ER but she had the same treatments done. We just could not shake these sicknesses. Thankfully Colette did not get it as of now. We have all at some point had bad coughs, lost our voices and sore throats.
6. The rug I picked out for the basement playroom/living room came in and I LOVE it. I picked it out from Home Decorators (we have a store in Alpharetta that I went to at lunch one day). They had 20% off, free shipping and mattress pad so I was sold.
7. My sister got a contract on her house over the asking price so that called for a champagne celebration!
9. Fall in Georgia is very pretty. Especially the entrance to our neighborhood.
11. Kinsley (Max's cousin) goes to the same school (diff. teacher) but they see each other for recess, specials and events. My mom went to help at the fall festival and got some great shots of them.
His class. They are so cute.
12. Well everyone, this is really exciting news. Our contractor is DONE with his work on the basement! That doesn't mean we are done done, but we are very close! David and the guys still are working on getting all the lighting in, hooking up showers, toilets, door knobs and finishing touches. Here are a few photos in bad light to show you.
I love the colors we went with and the ceilings. Sorry about the refrigerator in the middle of the room, but we haven't moved it to the correct spot yet. More updates when we are completely done.
13. Nothing is more fun than cousin bath time! Hope you all have a great weekend!