Tuesday, March 8, 2011

P90X Week 6 Update

It's been a while since I updated our progress on the P90X workout. I am happy to report we are still going strong with our workouts and eating plan. We are on week 6. So far, David has lost close to 20 pounds. I have lost 0 but have gained arm, leg and stomach muscles. I can even do some pull ups on the pull up bar. I like the workouts once I get going, but still feel sometimes that the hour-hour and 15 mins of workout is long. I will be ready for bathing suit season though! Starting at week 5 we were able to introduce whole wheat carbs so pasta and  breads here we come! I wanted to share with you a turkey meatloaf recipe that is on the meal plan. It is really good for you and tastes awesome!

Ingredients-
1/2 cup onions, diced
2 Tablespoons fat-free chicken broth, low sodium
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons low-sodium, low-fat marinara sauce
1 Tablespoons basil (maybe a little more, eye ball it)
1 Tablespoon parsley chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Saute the oven in the chicken broth until lightly browned
3. Add the garlic and cook 5 mins more. Remove from heat and cool slightly
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the onion mixture with the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, 1/2cup marinara sauce, basil and parsley
5. Form mixture into a loaf, shape and place in an ungreased loaf pant
6. Brush with remaining 2 Tablespoons marinara sauce and bake until cooked through, 45mins- 1 hour.
7. Drain off fat and let cool 20mins before cutting into slices. 
I felt a bit ambitious on Sunday so I got 5lbs of ground turkey (easy to do at Sams) and made 3 meatloaves
 And a bunch of turkey meatballs for spaghetti (whole wheat of course).


I also got a gigantic pack of chicken and marinated it with my favorite fajita marinade and grilled them up. I chopped them to save for chicken burritos and salads.
For snacks we can now have hummus with carrots, celery with peanut butter (I made ants on a log for the first time), and yogurt. Pin It

1 comment:

Jen S said...

Wow, 20lbs! Way to go :)

 
Blogging tips