Thursday, September 15, 2011

18 Week Pregnancy Survey


How Far Along: 18 weeks

Size of babyYour baby is as big as a bell pepper and weighs almost 7 ounces. (Length: 5 1/2 inches, head to bottom.) He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead.
Total Weight Gain: Still 5ish lbs so far. I'm eating a drumstick every night almost. I just love the fudge they have in the cone and they started making them with extra fudge/carmel inside the ice cream.

What I miss: Nothing really, but I do love David's Caffeinated tea. I know I can have some in moderation, I'm just trying to get used to non-caffeinated beverages. The decaf tea I bought is NOT good, you can def. taste a difference. 

Sleep: I am sleeping pretty good still with just our long pillows and on my side. It's def. been hard to get used to only sleeping on my side. I like to put a pillow by my stomach so when I do flip to more of a stomach side sleep that its cushiony. I get up to pee at 10pm (usually when I go to bed), then again at 12am, 2ish, 5am and 7ish (when I get up). I think if I was a more sound sleeper that I would be able to skip a few more of those.

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good all around.

Cravings: I was craving japanese hibachi with salad and ginger dressing (I would still love Nikkos in Statesboro), but I went to dinner with Dana to japanese and I have satisfied my cravings! I was able to get some avocado rolls, which were very tasty.


Aversions: I have an aversion to chicken. Just thinking about eating it grosses me out. I have switched to ground beef burritos (which I've never had before) and am loving ground beef and hamburgers. I even got vegetable hibachi instead of the chicken. I just don't want it to be too big and chunky. I can still eat chickfila grilled chicken sandwiches with EXTRA pickles. FYI, they don't charge you for extra pickles so do it up!

Movement: I really am not sure if I have felt BW. Sometimes I feel little popcorn flickers at night, but I just think its my stomach digesting or gas bubbles so I am not positive.


Maternity Clothes: I haven't purchased anything maternity besides my belly band. I don't like wearing my jeans, they are too tight everywhere (they were prob. borderline too tight before I got pregnant) so its uncomfortable. I def. can't button them so I am trying to get used to the belly band. Its been too warm still to want to put another layer on (the belly band) so I try to just pull my tank tops down to hold my pants up. I am mostly wearing skirts/dresses until I get big enough to purchase some maternity jeans and such. Leah gave me a few pieces to borrow which I am keeping until I can fill them out. Thanks!

Best Moments this week: Getting our new duvet cover in!

What I'm looking forward to: Getting ready for our gender reveal party and maybe painting our bedroom this weekend!

Here are a few pics for you that I took this morning on my phone.
You can't really tell yet over my clothes still. I have this knotted belt on which is making a weird bulge under my stomach.
 
It's starting to grow. I can tell, but still not as big as I thought I would be, which I am fine with as long as BW is doing well in there. P.S. Happy Birthday today to my Dad!!
Pin It

4 comments:

Jen S said...

Awww barely a bump. I'll be shocked when you "pop"!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Such a cute little baby bump! I can't imagine waking up every few hours to pee...you poor thing!

Lacey said...

Aww you do have a little baby bump!

asj said...

too cute, I can't believe you're 18 weeks already - time flies. I'm excited for you to find out the gender, two weeks! :)

 
Blogging tips