This weekend I did a lot of cooking while David was studying so nothing too exciting, but I did get the baby crib!
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 bag Mix and Match Muffin Mix (the dry team)
- Dry team:
3 cups unbleached flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I just used regular flour since I didn't have any)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar, brown sugar, or sucanat (I used regular sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- extra chocolate chips for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oil, buttermilk, eggs, and pumpkin. Whisk until well blended.
3. Line 2 12-cup muffin cups with muffin papers.
4. Add the muffin mix and the spices. Stir gently to combine.
5.Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Divide the batter amongst all 24 cups.
7. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips over the tops of the muffins.
8. Bake the muffins for 25 to 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
9. Cool the baked muffins on a wire rack.