Now that Max is 2 weeks old I wanted to share some thoughts from the past 2 weeks. They are pretty random, but I wanted to document them.
- Max was 7lbs 10 oz at our weight checkup Wednesday, up 11 oz from the week before.
- From the above statistic you can see he is eating very well. We are getting the hang of it, although it is still very time consuming. We are feeding every 3 hours unless he is super fussy and we feed him sooner.
- The soreness from nursing still occurs, I can't say enough good things about the lanolin (except it does stain your clothes so you can use the reusable/disposable pads or not care about your nursing tanks like I do). It's gotten so much better and I hope it continues.
- We love huggies natural care plus wipes the best that we buy from costco in the huge packs
- He is wearing newborn clothes which we had to buy more of (thanks Auntie Michelle) because I really thought the 0-3 months would fit him fine. He will outgrow them very soon though
- We are loving the sleep and play type pj's for every day use. They are easy for all the diaper changes and feedings since I strip him down to his diaper to feed him since he loves to fall asleep.
- I have become more active since the c-section and am holding, changing and carrying Max around more by myself. My lower stomach and incision area still hurts, but I am healing nicely. I walk around and really function normally minus the soreness and cautiousness I have from the surgery.
- His umbilical cord fell off (David wouldn't stop messing with it) yesterday
- We had his newborn photo shoot when he was 9 days old with Pam, with Paris Mountain Photography. This was beyond challenging for everyone involved. I was stressed because I wanted him to be a good boy and sleep on command and that just wasn't happening. Luckily my sister was in town and she assisted with keeping Max comfortable and David helped set the shots up. I was just nervously watching from afar. I know we got some good shots even though Max was a bit fussy. I can't wait to get the pictures back.
- We introduced a pacifier after talking with our pediatrician. Max just wouldn't calm himself down after his initial happy time after feeding before going back to bed. We tried a few pacci's that we had and he loves the wubbanub (soothies) the best. He is still getting the hang of it, but we've had no issues with nipple confusion.
Here are some iPhone photos from my camera. He was blinded by the flash on this one.
Happy boy after eating