Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chicken Pesto Panini's

I've linked to this recipe on the blog before, but I decided to show you how I make them. The recipe is from Kraft foods and it's so easy. If you don't have a panini maker you can use a large skillet. We have had an abundance of basil from our garden so I love to make pesto with it. I don't love how expensive pine nuts are though (I need to look into buying them in bulk at Sams or somewhere).

Ingredients

1/2 cup shredded rotisserie-cooked chicken (I just cut up the whole chicken and make lots of sandwiches or save it for other meals.
1 Tbsp.  Pesto
2 slices Multi-grain bread (I used Italian bread cut into inch slices)
1/4 cup  Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese 
PREHEAT panini grill to high heat. Mix chicken and pesto; spread onto 1 of the bread slices.
TOP with cheese and remaining bread slice.
GRILL 3 to 5 min. or until cheese is melted and sandwich is golden brown on both sides.
I also added a few pieces of lettuce to mine.
For the leftover pesto, if you any, a great trick is to put them in ice cube trays and freeze them. As soon as they are frozen pop them out and put them in an airtight container or zip-lock bag for later back in the freezer. You can then use it as individual toppings for other panini's, sandwiches, pasta, whatever.
I made these while David was out of town and I was a cooking machine. I brought some in for the girls at work. These are great for an easy dinner meal with side of chips or fresh fruit and veges.
Pin It

2 comments:

Lacey said...

YUM!!! They were DELICIOUS!

Jen S said...

I took a sandwish/ melt class at the culinary school last week. I'll be posting that soon :) Your chicken sammies look yummy!

 
Blogging tips