Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Garlic Chicken with Bow Tie Pasta

I have been cooking meals since Sunday for the freezer and for meals to take to the families staying in hotels in our neighborhood. I wanted something kids would eat and that would taste good. I have made 3 different meals x 2 (for later dates) so 6 total. I have also been making regular dinner meals on top of this so at least 3 meals per night since Sunday. I am a cooking fool! I am going to share the recipe for Garlic Chicken with Bow Tie Pasta. I have ruled this one out for kids as there is a lot of chunky things that I know I wouldn't eat as a kid (green peppers, and diced tomato chunks).
This is what my kitchen looked like gearing up my cooking extravaganza. I had to boil my split chicken breasts and shred the chicken off for all the meals during the week. It was nice to do that all at once on Sunday when I had a little more time.
Garlic Chicken with Bow Tie Pasta-
The ingredients:
1 Tbs. olive oil
2 cups cooked chicken diced (or you can cook it before you start your recipe, check instructions)
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. olive oil
2-3 gloves of garlic minced
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
3/4 cup red or orange bell peppers, chopped (I used green as they are always cheaper)
1 can (14.5-oz) diced tomatoes (undrained)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (use less for a milder flavor)
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2- 1 lb bow tie pasta, cook as directed on package (depending on how much you love pasta)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (may use fresh parsley)
Parmesan cheese, grated
Directions: In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium-high heat and saute chicken until done. Sprinkle with salt and remove from skillet. Keep warm. In same skillet, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until golden. Add green onions and peppers and cook an additional 2 minutes.
 Add tomatoes, broth, red pepper, cornstarch and salt. Heat to boiling then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Combine chicken, pasta and cilantro. Sprinkle generously with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
 I used the disposable pans since I don't know who is going to eat these.
Combine everything right in your pan.
I put these in the freezer and then will thaw them and reheat them in the oven at 350 for approx 20-30 mins. I might need to add some more liquid depending on if my noodles ate it up. Pin It

1 comment:

Mock family said...

really wish we lived closer. We could gather on Sunday's and freezer cook til our hearts desired! :)

 
Blogging tips