Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My love for noodles!

I am sure most people know this about me, but I LOVE noodles. Anything from spaghetti, to lo mein noodles. At work we do potlucks and Vivi's husband makes the best asian noodles. She won't get us the recipe, because she swears she doesn't know how to make it.
Here is a photo from the last company party with her noodles. She serves hers cold and they are amazing. They have a hint of spiciness and its just perfect.
Leah and I got caught taking all the noodles at the last party. We are so into it and this photo is hilarious, we had no idea we were being photographed. So I have always been on the hunt for something similar and I think I may have just found it, thanks to the Pioneer Woman. She posted a simple sesame noodle recipe and you must give it a try!
Ingredients-
  • 12 ounces, fluid Thin Noodles, Cooked And Drained (I just used thin spaghetti)
  • ¼ cups Soy Sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
  • 3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
  • ½ teaspoons Hot Chili Oil
  • 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Hot Water
  • 4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin

Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed. Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.
 Sprinkle with green onions and toss. Serve in a bowl with chopsticks. Yummy!
 Look how delicious that looks. I brought the rest into work today to share! I know I shouldn't be this excited about noodles, but I am! Pin It

3 comments:

leah said...

I'm so pumped to try these today!! I can't believe we got caught in the act in that company picture.... hahaha we are TOTALLY stopping up the line and it looks like you are helping me spoon more onto my plate. Oh Vivi's noodles why are you so good??

Lacey said...

I am SO EXCITED to try them!!!!!! They look amazing and you're awesome!!
That picture of you and Leah cracks me up! :)

Tiffany @ Eat at Home said...

I really need to try those. They look wonderful!

 
Blogging tips