Thursday, June 10, 2010

Need Cookies!!

My husband, David is a real life cookie monster. We once played a newly wed game that asked what movie/tv character your husband would be. The other couple said something heroic like Superman and I'm thinking to myself, well I can't embarrass him that much so I shouted out batman or something, but Cookie Monster was my real answer. At night around 3am David wakes up in a food coma and heads down stairs. He rummages through our pantry for something chocolatey. This doesn't happen every night, but most nights. It runs in this family. His brother does Chocolate Milk. Well a few days ago, we were out of everything cookie, chocolate, or dessert related. I went downstairs in the morning and found a chocolate powdery substance all over the sink and counter. I asked David what he had for a snack and he just started to say, "there was nothing else!" Well, it was HOT COCOA POWDER from a hot chocolate packet!! He put it in his mouth, added milk and swooshed around! I knew it was time to get some cookies.
I found this recipe on Our Best Bites and we made it the next night. It's a basic cookie recipe and you just bake individual small bowls in the oven and top with ice cream and hot fudge.
It was so yummy!!
Pin It

6 comments:

david said...

Me *eat* the cookies. Burp! Scuse me, ohhh, oh!

Jen S said...

David I am a Pizookie addict! I'm with you on this one. Yummmmm.

Lacey said...

haha hot cocoa powder straight from the packet?!? :) that's awesome.

Those cookies look AMAZING!!!!!!

leah said...

hahah I can't believe you David... a hot cocoa mix really?!?! hahahaha

This looks delicious, YUM!

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

haha...huh larious...there wasn't chocolate powder on his nose in the AM was there? Sounds like it might be intervention time ;)

 
Blogging tips