Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Time Talk

Summer is up and going full swing already. I can't believe its already June. Where was spring? It definitely didn't stay long in Georgia. I've spent the last week being envious of my sister who is a teacher. Of course she gets summers off and I am so jealous of that. Not enough to become a teacher though. I decided to organize our summer plans so I can start looking forward to things.
Let's start with summer shows! I read this article about what's happening on TV this summer. I am looking forward to continuing to watch the Bachelorette with Ally (it's getting annoying, but i'll still watch). I also can't wait for BIG BROTHER! It's a family favorite and starts 7/8 at 8pm ET on CBS. The other ones that will be coming to my dvr shortly are: Wipe Out, So You Think You Can Dance and maybe the Jersey Shore (you know you watch it too).

I am also looking forward to a few small summer trips! We are trying to save money so visiting family and friends are on the agenda. We are also having a few visitors to our place. I am so excited for my Sister to get here in a few weeks! Shes taking a side trip to NY and then my mom is joining her back down here for a week before the 4th holiday! Our 1 year anniversary is coming up on June 27th! I can't believe its been a year already. David is planning a little surprise 1 day over night trip that I can't wait to go on. We're also doing a long weekend to visit my brother and sister-in-law in St. Augustine in August. We haven't been back in 3 years since we moved from FL so we're going to visit some friends and visit the old stomping ground. We might stop at Georgia Southern on the way there to visit too! And finally to finish out the summer we're going to NY around Labor day to visit my Grandma and NY family. It seems like a lot, but they are small trips to look forward too.

Another summer topic that is a sad one is about my garden. I'm sad to say that there will be no harvest this year. It's not dying any more, but it's not growing. I don't want to spend any more money on buying plants so we will regroup and figure out what didn't work and how to fix for next year. I know I will start my seeds indoors and transport plants to start. It's a bummer, but I'm not going to dwell on it. I am proud that I started with seeds and got them to grow at all. I think we have a soil moisture/ lining issue that we need to work on.

One thing that I am loving for this summer is all the groupons we can use. If you haven't heard of Groupon.com you need to see if its in your area. You buy discounted restaurant gift certificates for all over your city. We have 3 that we still need to use. For Atlanta area people I also found this GREAT deal for Concentric restaurants like two urban licks, one midtown kitchen, Tap, etc.. It's for 50% off your bill! ($25 limit)

What are your summer plans and things that you're looking forward to? Pin It

1 comment:

Jen S said...

You can come out to the great Sand Dunes in Colorado. They are 700 ft high and David can bring his snowboard and ride down the sand dunes! I saw folks doing that last summer. Looks like you have a lot of fun weekends planned!

 
Blogging tips