Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pregnancy #2 - Weeks 27 & 28

How Far Along: 27 & 28 Weeks- We're in the 3rd trimester! That is crazy, where has the time went!

Size of baby: Your baby now weighs about 2 1/4 pounds (like an eggplant) and is almost 15 inches long from head to heel. Baby girl can blink her eyes (which have lashes).

Total Weight Gain: No idea prob. between 12-14lbs.

What I miss: Nothing really.

Sleep: Sleeping pretty good with the occasional bathroom breaks

Symptoms: I am feeling pretty good, no complaints here. Back is doing very well and no other issues.

Cravings: Going to need mexican/a burrito soon lol Someone mentioned it and now I can't get it out of my head.

Name: Name not chosen yet

Movement: I have started to feel her higher up. I am pretty sure she is transverse (sideways). I feel her sometimes up in my right rib area and have to sit up and stretch out to give her more room. She is a wiggly little thing (so was Max). She goes NUTS when I give her lemonade since that is really the only sugary beverage I drink. 

Maternity Clothes: Still over stretching my pants with the bella band. I have had such a hard time finding pants at a reasonable price that fit. My sister picked some up at a store by her so I am anxious to get those. If the weather would stay warm I could just stick to some dresses/skirts I have. 

Best Moments this week: Snuggling with my buddy. David was out of town last night and Max cried for his mommy at 4:30am. He rarely does this unless he is sick or something is wrong so I went to get him. He didn't really indicate what was wrong with him so I just brought him to my bed. He wanted TV and crackers, but I just said nope, we have to sleep if you come in here. He said ok and we just snuggled (he held my hand) and fell asleep. Sweet boy.

What I'm looking forward to: It's about to get SUPER busy around here mid April so just enjoying some free time on weekends and excited to go visit my sister next weekend for their air show.

Milestones: Well, I had my glucose test done about 11 days ago and never heard anything so I finally remembered to call today and everything was normal with my glucose levels and iron. I guess no news is good news, but still annoying they didn't call. We have family maternity pics/Max 2 year pics scheduled April 13. We also have lots of things on our to do list once David's test is over April 11th. We will be celebrating his birthday (April 4), getting started/finished on Max's big boy room and full on basement renovation plans.
 
28 Weeks
Max trying to grab my belly button. He still loves to talk to his baby sister and hug/kiss her.

Definitely a growing girl in there! Sometimes David and I forget that a baby is actually coming because he's been so focused on studying/work stuff and I haven't done a ton of things to get ready. Ready or not, in about 12 weeks she will be here!!
Pin It

2 comments:

Christy said...

You look great! It's crazy how quick pregnancy goes when you're busy chasing a toddler :-) Welcome to the 3rd trimester!

Sara McCarty said...

I still can't believe we're having baby girls! And I can't believe how quickly it's going. SLOW DOWN. Glad to hear all is going well with you guys. We still don't have a name either. Not much progress on our nursery either. So much to do!

 
Blogging tips