Wednesday, November 17, 2010

PaperBackSwap.com

I recently found out about this website where you can swap books for a very small price. You can join for free and all you need is 10 books to really get started. Once you post 10 books you are willing to swap you get 2 free credits. 1 credit = 1 book. So right off the bat you have 2 books that you can buy. The only cost to you is when someone requests one of your books. You can print out their label, book wrapper and mail them via media mail at the USPS. The cost is about $2.50 to send your book out. The trade is that when you have a credit that you can request a book and the other member has to mail it out to you at their cost.
These are the books that I posted as my first 10. When I was finished it let me know that 2 of my books were on someones wish list and they'd get back with me within 2 days if they still had enough credits to purchase. Today I am heading to the post office to mail off my first book! I have already ordered 2 and they are on their way to me. A tip that I learned is if you have a list of books you want and they are popular you need to add them to your wish list now so that when they do become available you can get them. There is an option to buy credits for a good price if you don't have any left. I tried to get my mom to sign up because she has a MILLION books, but she just recently got the kindle so I need to steal all of her books to swap. If you sign up, please list me as a referral, my nickname is jens871. Click here to get started. Pin It

4 comments:

leah said...

This is awesome!! I totally need to swap some of my books! I'll definitely put your name down as a referral if I do it!

Jen S said...

I didn't know you were into real estate. Dad and I want to flip a house someday after he retires. We all need to end up back in Rochester to live out these hobbies together! We can pick out pretty fixtures and details while David, Bob and my dad do the work, and we can make lunch for them!

Jen said...

That sounds awesome! Yep, I want to flip houses and use them for profit/rental stuff one day as a way to earn a living or for building wealth.

Lacey said...

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing!

 
Blogging tips