Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Best Milk Storage Solution Out There!

Before I went back to work I pumped extra milk at night before bed and after the first feeding every morning for about a month and a half. I am so glad I did because I don't have to worry about going to an appointment, not pumping enough at work or even a date night. I know I have a little stash in the freezer for baby girl. There isn't a ton in there and I am depleting it as the days go on, but I hope it'll last till 6 months.
I know the trick of freezing your milk flat to store it better so I've been doing that. David also used some old formula containers he had saved from Max (David's a container hoarder if you weren't aware).
I have been putting them in there to keep them together and trying to arrange by date. I was so excited when Whitney from Fairhaven Health reached out to see if I would review some of their products. It's like she was looking into my freezer and knew I needed some help! Have you guys heard of this company? They are seriously awesome. Their mission is to develop products designed to safely and naturally promote fertility, pregnancy wellness, and breastfeeding success.
  She sent me The Milkies "Save and Store" bundle.  My favorite part is the freezer organization system. The concept and design is brilliant! You can lay your milk bag on top of the easy freeze metal tray and when it's frozen slip it into the top IN spot. The oldest milk comes out the OUT spot on the bottom so there is no guess work on which order to use the milk.
The lighting is horrible around my freezer so this will have to do to show you, but I am loving it! Just make sure you use the top freeze tray as some of my milk was a little too fat to fit through the opening. If it doesn't fit, don't force it, one of my bags had a leak in it from me shoving. I wasn't able to try the milk-savers as I don't leak much from the side not feeding anymore. This would have been great for the first 2-3 months as you have a lot of milk just coming out everywhere (sorry TMI). You can use any freezer bags with this system, I use the medela ones. She also sent me a supplement called Nursing Blend, which contains your full postnatal support, plus it has an added herbal component to help increase the quality and quantity that you produce.I haven't tried it long enough to comment, but I will when I have!
**Update** I am loving the supplement. I take it twice while I am at work to help with milk production and now I don't have to worry about getting my 4 ounces out per session. 

Colette approves! Check out Fairhaven Health. They have so much great advice, articles and products. Pin It

2 comments:

Mock family said...

That is seriously AWESOME!! I am definitely getting all of that if I ever have another one... Perfect idea

Jen S said...

That is awesome! Seems much easier than my method and always rotating the frozen stash.

 
Blogging tips