Tuesday, October 11, 2011

BW's Crib Bedding is Ordered!

Over the past week or so I started looking at crib bedding since finding out that BW is a boy. I just wasn't in love with the animal themes or characters that babies r us and pottery barn type places were offering. I talked with a few people on customized bedding and didn't want to spend a ton of money, so I went to the wonderful world of etsy. I found customized crib bedding for a fraction of the in-store customized bedding pricing that was just a little more than the babies r us type places. 
Let's start with BW's room color. I'm sure you recall that David had our room painted the iced slate color from Benjamin Moore while I was away at work. Well, he also had the baby's room painted the same color since we were thinking it was a neutral/gray type color. Since it turned out to be a bit more blue we decided to wait and see if BW was a boy or girl and assess if we wanted to change it. Since we love the blue color and BW is a boy, it is staying. See yesterdays post for room color, I haven't taken an updated photo of BW's nursery.  I am going with an aqua and lime green theme in the room similar to some of my pinterest inspiration. Here is the crib bedding!
 
I am very excited about it. I took a few days to assemble my favorite mock-ups and had my mom and sister vote and then Cottage Belles found some other fabulous fabrics and this is how we decided on it. Here are some closer looks at the fabrics. 
 This will be the crib bumper and I think we might get extra fabric to make curtains and such.
This will be the crib sheet with polka dots, sorry I don't have a better quality image for this one. 
This is the striped crib skirt that will come down past the crib. I am going with aqua piping on the bumper with aqua ties. I am very excited to have this ordered and can hardly wait the 10 weeks to get it in!

Pin It

5 comments:

the girl in the red shoes said...

LOVE the fabric! BW's bedding is going to be so cute!

Mock family said...

it's absolutely STUNNING!! and one of a kind, excellent job!!

Marla said...

LOVE it!! Very cute and fun! :)

Mrs. Werginz said...

LOVE it! Totally something I would choose for a boy!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the bedding. I love it - oh I voted so you know that. I'm getting very excited to become a Grandma.

 
Blogging tips