Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pregnancy Survey- 26 Weeks!

How Far Along: 26 Weeks

Size of baby: The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches
Total Weight Gain: 12lbs I think I am getting the hang of putting some weight on now. It's been steady at 1ish pounds a week.

What I miss: Nada

Sleep: Sleeping pretty good with the occasional bathroom breaks

Symptoms: Just some lower sciatic back pain, which is going away with my yoga practicing! I have a few more dvd's to try and then I'll review them on here for you. I can't believe it's as simple as stretching and strengthening your back.

Cravings: I have been eating a ton of salad. I wanted to go everywhere that had either endless salad or a salad bar. We went to an Italian restaurant (endless salad bowls), Ruby Tuesday and had a gigantic bag of salad all at the big family dinner this past weekend. There are worse things to crave.

Gender- BABY BOY! We're so close to sharing this with you! Next week will be the big reveal, some friends and family have heard some of out top contenders and it's going over pretty well.

Movement: He's a good little mover.

Maternity Clothes: Same, just my 2 pair of maternity jeans. Tops are getting snug though so maybe before we got home for thanksgiving I'll purchase a few new items.

Best Moments this week: Registering and organizing baby's registry. I have an obsession with lists so we've been making a ton of those. You should see our google doc pages. I have lists with baby costs, lists of projects to get done before baby is born, lists of Jen and David items we need to get before baby is born, etc.. I am glad the glucose test is over, but I haven't heard if I passed or not. Maybe no news is good news? I guess I'll call next week if I don't hear.

What I'm looking forward to: Well we never went to the outlets last weekend as we saw that they were having a ton of veterans day sales this coming weekend. I am excited to look for clothes for BW and pottery barn kids outlet. We're also doing a little shopping for us so should be fun!

Milestones: The dresser is up in the room as I showed you this week and still waiting for replacement parts for the crib. I'm glad registering is done. Next thing is to find a glider and get ready to head home for Thanksgiving. We need to finalize a plan for the closet and start/finish projects around the house. We are taking a bunch of time off while family is in town for Christmas so I think we're going to focus on getting house stuff done before everyone gets here and then focus on BW's nursery while they are all here to help! Mom is already signed up to paint the inside of the closet lime green!
This is the most comfortable target t-shirt ever. I need to get some more!
Pin It

2 comments:

asj said...

so fun! can't wait to hear the name! that's exciting to be done registering, I bet that's a huge relief! I can't wait to see what closet you guys decide on... it's going to be great!

leah said...

Love your bump!! I'm sure you are going crazy with lists... but the more the better!

 
Blogging tips