Friday, February 11, 2011

Cleaning Time!

This weekend we have a big to-do list for around the house. We are still a few months away from starting any house renovations. We are 3/4 of the way done saving for our 3-6 month emergency fund so by end of April we should be able to start a big renovation project! In anticipation of a nicer house we are going to start deep cleaning/ organizing the house. This weekend, its the kitchen!
This is the only picture I could find that showed our kitchen. We are going to scrub the cabinets, tops of the cabinets, organize the inside, you name it we're going to do it.
Although our cabinets don't look this bad inside, they could use some organization and cleaning out. Things we haven't used, we're going to donate. Every weekend is a new room/set of rooms. We're also doing windows (inside and out), blinds, baseboards. Any tips for cleaning cabinets inside and out? What's on your list? Pin It

4 comments:

leah said...

WOAH you guys are going to get a ton done this weekend! I just reorganized our kitchen cabinets last weekend, it's a great feeling to get rid of some junk for sure!

Lacey said...

I hope you get a lot marked off your list this weekend! Sorry I don't have any good cleaning tips :) p.s. I LOVE that Italy apron!

Father Frank said...

Some of those lids look like mind?
Dad

Linda said...

Sounds like you have spring fever early! Your kitchen looks so neat and tidy with such sparkling floors, I can't imagine your cabinets being unorganized! My only suggetion would be to organize your cabinets by what you use things for...I have one where I keep my mixing bowls, measuring cups, food chopper, cheese graters, lettuce spinner, and portable hand mixer for food and baking prep; another contains my food storage containers for leftovers, another my pots and pans for stovetop cooking, another my casserole dishes, stoneware from Pampered Chef and other bakeware, etc. That way I know where to go for things! My favorite thing is a cabinet with vertical dividers to slide all my baking sheets, large platters and cutting boards in to!

 
Blogging tips