Thursday, January 26, 2012

37 Week Pregnancy Survey

Update on version procedure: I told you a few days ago that we were going to schedule our external cephalic version for this Friday (tomorrow) and we have it scheduled for 8:30am. This link has great information on what exactly is done. In general a version is done most often before labor begins, generally around 36 to 37 weeks. Version is sometimes used during labor before the amniotic sac has ruptured. This can be a good time to use version, when labor is constantly monitored and a cesarean delivery (C-section) can be done right away if needed. But the chance to do the version can be lost if labor speeds up or the amniotic sac ruptures. 

We have to arrive to the hospital at 6:30am to be hooked up to an ultra sound machine, get an IV and do a stress test type of thing. I have read that you are suppose to get a shot to relax your uterus, but I was told by the coordinator that I would be getting an epidural. David made the appointment so I was asking him numerous times if he was sure she said epidural, because that is what you get when you actually have a baby. I wanted to make sure they knew we weren't having the baby, but just doing the version. He assured me he heard it right and I started googling. In my research I read that: the use of epidural anesthesia increases the success of external cephalic version and decreases the cesarean section rate due to breech presentation. Epidural use would lead to annual savings of thousands of dollars in a busy obstetric unit, would make cesarean delivery safer and more rapidly available in an emergency, might increase the use of ECV, and would minimize the pain associated with this procedure. These are compelling reasons for its use.
 
So, it seems like more of an elaborate prep for a 10-15 min procedure, but we are geared up and ready for the challenge to see if baby Max will flip. We then have to stay 2 hours after for monitoring and be sure to go home and do kick counts to make sure everything is okay.  Keep us in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow morning and I'll update as soon as I can.
 
How Far Along: 37 weeks 

Size of baby: Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.) Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. We've been told numerous times that Max has a full head of hair, so hopefully he doesn't come out like a wolf baby, but we're expecting lots of dark hair :)
Total Weight Gain: 26-27  lbs 

Sleep: Still up to pee a few times a night, but sleeping pretty good with my pillows 

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good still. Not that uncomfortable unless its trying to maneuver around the dog to get out of bed to go pee during the night. 

Cravings: nothing crazy, still loving cereal and desserts.

Gender- Max David 

Movement: I am almost positive that he is still breech and hasn't turned on his own despite all my efforts and exercises.

Maternity Clothes: Same


Best Moments this week: I had a WONDERFUL shower at work put on by Lacey and Leah. Wait until you see the circus themed shower. You won't believe (well if you know them, you would) all the decorations and little details that went into the theme.  I have the best friends and co-workers ever! Thanks everyone!

What I'm looking forward to: The version procedure to be over and to know if he has flipped or if we need to schedule our c-section for a few weeks. I still can't believe he will be coming any day now.

Milestones: I think I am ready for Max to come. I purchased a few last min. things at babies r us yesterday and think that I will need more things, but won't know until he gets here.  I forgot to mention that David decided on a video monitor and we went with the Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with Color LCD Screen. We went with the 3.5" screen and we loved it because it was a pan, tilt, zoom and night vision.      
 
I also wanted to add that I saw a preview of my maternity photoshoot from this weekend!! I am tagged on facebook if you want to see them and I'll post them once I get the link. They are super cute!

To Do List: I have an ongoing list that I wanted to just jot down here. Cut out tags and put ribbon on nurse goody bags, do work thank you notes, pick out a DSLR camera. I want to add finish reading my breast feeding book and Baby Wise.
37 week shot- Sorry it's blurry, the self timer wasn't working well.
37 week belly shot
Pin It

9 comments:

asj said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, hope everything goes well! What photographer did you use for your maternity shoot, doing research on local photographers/deals now! thanks and good luck tomorrow!

the girl in the red shoes said...

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and Max tomorrow!

leah said...

We had so much fun this week celebrating Max with you! I will definitely be praying for you tomorrow, keep me posted!

Madalyn said...

crossing my fingers!!!

Jen S said...

Good luck tomorrow!

Chris said...

Good luck, keep us posted!

Mock family said...

You'll do great! Tell Max I'm not ready for him yet! Love the maternity photos!

Anonymous said...

All my positive thoughts, love and prayers with be with you tomorrow. I know he can do it! Your pics are amazing. Love Mima

Linda said...

You are adorable and praying that Max just arrives safe and sound, but whatever means necessary!

 
Blogging tips