Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pregnancy Survey- 36 Weeks

How Far Along: 36 weeks 

Size of baby: Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement.

Total Weight Gain: 25 lbs 

Sleep: Still up to pee a few times a night, but sleeping pretty good with my pillows 

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good still. Not that uncomfortable unless its trying to maneuver around the dog to get out of bed to go pee during the night. I feel like Humpty Dumpty rolling off the bed lol

Cravings: nothing crazy, still loving cereal and desserts.

Gender- Max David 

Movement: I have been doing the pelvic tilt where you put pillows under your bottom and lay down so your hips are higher than your chest and sit there for 15ish mins. I also add the flash light to my lower stomach and music and sometimes an ice pack to the top area to coax him in to moving. I am feeling him move around during these movements, but am still feeling him in the far right area of my stomach. I started to feel little flutters lower yesterday so maybe his feet have unfolded, but still in the breech position. We'll see tomorrow. I wish I had picture of me doing these poses, they are funny after a while. The other one I do is a modification of downward dog with pillows and just hands and knees. I know you may think it's silly and he'll move if he wants, but I mine as well try something.

Maternity Clothes: Same

Best Moments this week: I still love seeing Max on the ultra sound, even if he is a stubborn little bugger


What I'm looking forward to: Ultra sound and DR appointment tomorrow, we have our CPR class friday night and maternity photo shoot saturday. It's suppose to rain, but we are really getting down to it here and can't afford a makeup so pray for no rain!

Milestones: I am glad my glider is in the nursery. I am still loving it, thanks for all your comments about it and the nursery. We are attempting to do our own vinyl wall decals. Darrin and Stacey have a cricut and we'll see what we can accomplish. Preliminary work is still happening. 


To Do List: I have an ongoing list that I wanted to just jot down here. Thank you notes, finish hospital bag, assemble nurse goody bags (I have all my supplies), freezer meals for after baby (I did one- chicken bacon alfredo pasta), finalizing and getting props for maternity shoot (the booties came in and they are just darling), pick out a DSLR camera. I want to add finish reading my breast feeding book and Baby Wise that I just got. I also want to add cleaning out junk drawer and my clothes closet (maybe nesting is starting). 
Chicken bacon alfredo pasta from Our Best Bites.
Straight Hair! I got my haircut over the weekend so I left it for a few days. It's really the only time I straighten it since it takes so much time.

Pin It

6 comments:

Chris said...

Haha...I bet those pictures of all the at home attempts to get him to move would have been interesting. Come on Max, one more day left to flip around!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Come on Max....turn around!!!!! By the way, you look great Jen!

leah said...

That's awesome that you've been feeling him move a little, maybe that means there is still room! I bet those poses are hilarious, proud of you for trying them all out!

Love the belly shot, you are looking SO CUTE! And those booties... OMG!

Brooke said...

You look great and those booties are so cute! I hope you get your maternity shoot in this weekend and that Max listens up and moves for you!

Lacey said...

I bet those poses are hilarious! :) Move Baby Max!!! I love those little booties- so cute!

Kacy Prinzi said...

You look wonderful! :) I love reading all of these stories!

 
Blogging tips