Friday, January 6, 2012

Pregnancy Survey- 34 Weeks

Happy Birthday to my sister-in-law, Marla today!! 

How Far Along: 34 weeks (I can't believe we have only 6 more weeks to go)

Size of baby: Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling his out, making his rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine.
Total Weight Gain: 23 lbs


Sleep: Still up to pee a few times a night, but sleeping pretty good with my pillows 

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good still.  My back starts hurting when I sit down on the couch at night for long periods of time. I am still doing my yoga to help and trying more comfortable positions.

Cravings: Still loving cereal, I eat prob. atleast 2 bowls a day. Kroger was having this great sale on Kellogs cereal last week so I stocked up on a lot of boxes.

Gender- Max David 

Movement: He's trying out for soccer soon lol . I was having some discomforts last weekend as it felt like he was trying to push out my belly button.  I was nicely explaining that it was not the proper exit and to head on down, but not sure he got it. I am almost positive that he hasn't turned yet although he might be trying a good bit. We have a position ultra sound to see next Friday. Come on Max, you can do it!

Maternity Clothes: I have my maternity photo shoot that my mom and sister purchased for me in 2 weeks and I need help finding cute clothes to wear! I started pinning some things on pinterest that I liked, but will start shopping around this weekend. I am nervous that all the spring stuff is coming out although I need warmer clothes as it will be outside. I am thinking jeans and cute boots with a longer cardigan over a tighter shirt for 1 outfit. Any suggestions?

Best Moments this week: Learning that Max is growing just fine at the last ultrasound

What I'm looking forward to: A nice weekend and we have our breastfeeding class tomorrow morning

Milestones: I finally ordered a glider and matching ottoman for the nursery! I have been all over trying to find a chair with the right "look" I was going for. I just wanted something that wasn't over sized (not too plushy/cushiony) but not too small either. I wanted a khaki/neutral color so I could use it anywhere. I did a lot of research and found that the brand Little Castle (which is a high end nice glider manufacture) sells gliders through walmart.com at half the cost of their other gliders at bigger boutique type stores. It has great reviews so let's hope for the best. We have a few things left in the nursery, but it's pretty much done. Pics next week, I promise. David put the stroller and car seat in the car because we really have no other space for it than where it will reside. We have already also packed an initial "go" bag as David likes to call it.  I am also going to be starting some freezer meals to keep us going after the baby is born. I need to sign us up for an infant cpr class soon as well.
 
Pin It

2 comments:

the girl in the red shoes said...

You look great Jen! Max is going to be here before you know it!

leah said...

OMG YOU ARE 34 weeks JEN!!!! I seriously can't believe that little Max will be here in less than 6 weeks... oh my goodness so exciting! Love reading all your updates!

 
Blogging tips