Monday, January 31, 2011

P90X Day is Here

This weekend, after seeing the results that Darrin and Stacey were achieving, we decided to start P90X. After work today we will start our workout videos. Mark your calendars!
We went out and bought what seemed like a million dollars worth of start up equipment which included fancy heart monitors
These come with straps to put on your chest, my monitor is pink!
 We bought protein powder (from Costco) and Recovery Drink Powder to help with our workouts and to help with the soreness after workouts. I wish I had a picture of all of our food before we started putting it away. The first month you start doing P90X you focus on fat burning so you need a lot of protein. For the food plan this equals lots of meat and hardly any carbs. The good thing about this is you can eat cheese (not that I like cheese, but a lot of diets you have to cut that stuff out). I have no idea how I will last a month with hardly any pasta. You can eat brown rice, wild rice and Quinoa though.
We purchased a gigantic pork tenderloin from costco for $15 and it will yield 16 servings of Island Pork Tenderloin (I'll post recipe after I eat it). Sorry, I know raw pork is gross, but I wanted to show you how big it is.
Here is my mess while I portioned our pork out and seasoned it before freezing. This seriously could be a full time job, with all the cooking and portioning things out to make sure you are eating the correct foods.
 We also purchased salmon, lunch meat (fat free), frozen strawberries, veggies, salad, cheese, rice, etc.. Here is what we are going to eat this week. Breakfast we are doing a protein shake made of skim milk, frozen strawberries, banana and protein powder. Oh, and did I mention that we got a magic bullet and it is AWESOME!! If you don't have one, you need to consider buying it, there are no dirty dishes, you blend in the cup you are going to drink with! Lunch will be a Cobb salad filled with a TON of lunch meat (ham and turkey), avocado, cheese, roma tomato and low fat dressing. Dinner will be salmon (already seasoned) with asparagus  and wild rice. The other nights will be Island pork tenderloin and turkey meatballs/burger (minus the bread). Sorry no before pics, because they aren't too pretty and we are half naked. Wish us luck! Pin It

2 comments:

leah said...

GOOD LUCK!! Y'all are going to do great, I just know it!

Lacey said...

Good luck!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

 
Blogging tips